A Year in Review: 2017

At the end of every year, I like to look back on the past year and remind myself of all of the things I've managed to do and accomplish. It helps me put things in perspective and remember to be grateful every day. It reminds me that even when I'm having a bad day, there are always good days yet to come, and helps me start the new year off on a happy, healthy footing mentally and spiritually. So here is my list for 2017:

1. My boyfriend and I started the year off spending time with family on NYE/New Year's Day. Getting to spend a lot of time with family would be very important for the whole year.

2. In early January, we decided to continue our tradition of trying to see the tree at Rockefeller Center every year (although technically we were counting this as part of 2016's Christmas season).

3. My mother made a goal for herself to visit all of the counties of New Jersey, and she and I got to have quality time wandering the Princeton Art Museum in January, Laurita Winery in February, and watching the sunset in Cape May in March.

4. Two of our friends, my boyfriend, and I cashed in all of our NJ Devils season ticket rewards to meet Ken Daneyko, and the excitement on my boyfriend's face as they discussed how he saw Daneyko play at one of the first games he ever went to as a kid more than made up for the cost.

5. We spent a weekend in Philadelphia with friends, and I got to take my first mechanical bull ride.

6. My amazing boyfriend made me a delicious dinner for Valentine's Day.

7. I got to reconnect with some of my sorority sisters at a Wine and Paint alumna night.

8. My boyfriend and I got to attend two concerts together with family and friends: Green Day in March and Incubus in July.

9. We celebrated my boyfriend's nephew's christening and saw the cherry blossoms in Washington DC

10. Patrik Elias took his last lap around the Prudential Center ice at one of the many hockey games we were able to attend as part of our 2016-2017 partial season ticket package.

11. My work took an outing to an Escape the Room facility, and we all successfully escaped from the two rooms we were a part of (Team Wizard was better though, just saying)

12. I finally got to go to the (not so new anymore) driving range/bar that everyone was raving about, Top Golf, with my boyfriend and his brother.

13. My boyfriend and I managed to have a beach day on July 4 weekend (We live near the shore and still somehow don't manage to have many beach days every year)

14. I got to go to my first Nascar race and my boyfriend got to see one of his favorite racers, Dale Earnhart Jr. race his final race at Pocono Raceway.

15. I got chosen to be one of my oldest friend's bridesmaids and I'm so excited to stand up there with her and her closest friends (even though they're all in a different chapter, oops! Panhel love <3)

16. I restarted this blog that you're reading now!

17. We attempted the Halloween bar crawl in Hoboken, and realized just how much we're old souls that can not (happily) stay up super late anymore.

18. My boyfriend's nephew turned 1 this December, and he's my favorite little human in the world right now

19. For Christmas, my boyfriend pulled out all the stops and took me to dinner at The View in Times Square, NYC before seeing my favorite Disney movie's Broadway edition: The Lion King

20. But most importantly, we got to spend a ton of time with friends and family during holidays, birthdays, engagements, and just hanging out (We've designated ourselves the Queen and King of double dates), and looking back on all of the time spent together really just reminds me what's truly important in life is the connections we make with the people that mean the most to us.

Goodbye 2017, you've been great! Hello, 2018, I hope you're even better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 23 & 24

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 9 & 10

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 19 & 20