WCW: JLaw Edition

Once you get to know me you learn one very important fact: I have the biggest woman crush on Jennifer Lawrence. For so, so many reasons. 

1. We would totally be friends in real life. In fact, I would totally try to recruit her into my sorority. Then I'd want her in my fam. Actually, she kind of reminds me of my big.

2. She makes awkward cool. I'm not always the most put together person. I like to make funny faces, and I sometimes say things at the exact wrong time. I once talked to a girl during recruitment about how I had 'chimpanzee hands'. (My hands are really tiny, and my thumbs are kinda short). Luckily, she still thought I was pretty cool (or so my little tells me). Good news is: JLaw can be really inappropriate at times too. And she makes it okay.

3. Girl knows how to eat. 
    (This is where this post gets serious.) In High School I suffered from anorexia nervosa. There was a lot going on in my life at the time, and I think it was in part lashing out and in part trying to take control of something. In any case, though, I frequently missed meals trying to fit this 'perfect' stereotype. By college, I had conquered my eating disorder, but still sometimes felt self conscious. Now I am a healthy weight (I won't tell you how much, but I could be Britney's body double. It's kind of the highlight of my life.), and I'm proud to eat an entire pizza myself. Which I totally did a couple of nights ago. 
    I noticed in college, how much it hurt sisters and other friends when they would be told that they didn't fit the 'perfect stereotype'. In fact, our chapter was constantly being told we were fat, and a lot of the women felt terrible about it. Girls that were size 2's would be constantly working out and eating salads. It wasn't fair to them, and it isn't fair to the young women that look up to us as sorority women. It isn't fair to the young girls in HS, like I was, that strive to forever be 'perfect'. 
    This is probably the number one reason why I love JLaw. She shows, as a Hollywood role model, that it's okay to eat an entire pizza by yourself every once in a while (or every day if you want to). 
    As sorority women, we can be role models, too. We could be our campuses' JLaws. And show just how amazing we are.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 23 & 24

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 9 & 10

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 19 & 20