2019 Reading Challenge Reviews: Books 53 & 54


Hello readers!

I've decided to participate in two reading challenges this year: the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge and NEWTS. You can find out more info on both challenges in previous Overview posts. 

The first book reviewed in this post was for NEWTS; the second was for the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge.

Here are my book reviews for my 53rd and 54th books of 2019:

Book 53: Yes Please by Amy Poehler


I gave this book 3/5 stars on Goodreads.

The NEWTS prompt I chose for this was "Herbology: E: An audiobook."



This was the first audiobook I've ever decided to listen to. I'm a very visual person, and so audiobooks are not that easy for me to follow along with.

That said, I did really enjoy that Amy Poehler herself read it, and she added a level of comedy and fun that you probably can't get from the physical book. However, I'll probably read the physical book at some point too. As I mentioned, I'm frankly not very good at retaining information verbally.

I did enjoy listening to the audiobook; however, once I read the physical copy I think I'll be able to give it a better / more thorough review.

Book 54: The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams


I gave this book 3/5 stars on Goodreads. (It could have been 3.5 if only half stars were a thing.)

The Pop Sugar Challenge prompt I chose for this was "A book set in space."


This is the full series in one giant volume. I think, if I'm being honest, that I would have enjoyed each novel more if I read them individually with a short break between them. It took me a really long time to read all five at once.

Some of the novels were more entertaining to me than others, but I enjoyed scenes in each of them. I think my favorite was probably So Long and Thanks for All the Fish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 23 & 24

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 19 & 20

2020 Reading Challenge Reviews: Book 3