2020 Reading Challenge Reviews: Book 3


Hello readers! 

As I'm planning my wedding for this time next year, I found that I really wanted to read some chick-lit/romance. What better way to do that than to continue the Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts?

Here is my book review for my 3rd book of 2020:

Book 3: Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts


I gave this book 3/5 stars on Goodreads. (Photo courtesy of Goodreads)


6070950

This series follows a group of four life long friends who loved playing make-believe when they were kids, particularly, planning each other's weddings. Now, years later, they all live and work on the same large property (in different buildings) that also serves as the venue for their business. What business? Why planning weddings of course! The first book followed photographer Mac, and this book follows florist, Emmaline. Emmaline is a very romantic person. She loves big gestures, and has certain expectations in love. She always seems to have a date, but has never fallen in love...

This book was cute and easy to read; however, the main character didn't resonate with me as much as I hoped. Emmaline is really, really into romance and to be honest, this felt a little over the top to me at some points. Though that could be because I have a different idea of romance than she does.

This made some parts of the book feel a little more unrealistic to me. Maybe they're things that happen in some people's lives, I just don't imagine them happening much in mine. 

That said, there were still overarching themes that did resonate with me in my romantic life. There were some highs and lows that felt more realistic. There were also some things about getting to know each other romantically and what made each other happy, pet peeves, etc that felt more real.

I did feel like this book had a bit less of the friendship aspect than the first, which was a bit disappointing. I really like reading about the female friendships as well as the new romances.

I will probably still read the next two books, though maybe not just yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 23 & 24

2019 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 19 & 20

2020 Reading Challenge Reviews - Books 1 & 2